Free Beer* with Dan Ariely
Dan Ariely, B. Duke Professor of Psychology & Behavioral Economics at Duke University, spoke to members of the Librarians Assembly at an event sponsored by the Professional Affairs Committee on Thursday, October 11, 2012. He holds appointments at the Fuqua School of Business, the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, the Department of Economics, and the School of Medicine.
If you haven’t met Dan Ariely or read his books, you might not notice that his name pops up everywhere. For example:
- He is interviewed regularly on public radio on shows like Marketplace and All Things Considered.
- He writes a popular and active blog.
- He produces a weekly podcast on Duke’s iTunes U called Arming the Donkeys.
- He has a regular column in the Weekend Edition of the Wall Street Journal, Ask Ariely.
- His recent book the The (Honest) Truth about Dishonesty has been reviewed by the New York Times, Washington Post, and even the Ford Library blog.
- He has written two prior New York Times bestsellers, Predictably Irrational and The Upside of Irrationality.
- Finally, Dan guest-edited a new book entitled The Best American Science and Nature Writing which was just published October 2nd.
*Though his talk was titled “Free Beer,” no beer was served at this event. How very dishonest of you, Dan!