Before your MBA!
I have been away from the blogging scene for quite a while now. Things got busy since I was shifting to Seattle for my internship with Microsoft. The work and the whole environment here has been awesome so far. Probably I will do a separate post about my internship and about the very pretty Seattle & Microsoft.
So class of 2012, here are some of my personal recommendation on things to do before you start with your Fuqua pre term!!!
- Take time to ponder upon what you actually want to do during your MBA. This would help you get a little clarity about things before the grind begins. In my experience, focused people got a great head start over others who spent a lot of time figuring out what they wanted to do, post MBA.
- Try to finish your pre-assignments before you land in Durham. International students, double attention here!! I arrived in Durham a good 15 days in advance and still things got little hectic with settling down, car hunting etc. Getting done with the Math CD and the accounting CD would have definitely helped.
- Once you arrive here, take your time and explore the school a bit before the actual classes. Getting a feel of the environment makes the start all the more nice and enjoyable. Also, you might save some time in figuring out which classroom is where.
- Come in with an open mind! Fuqua is a melting pot of ideas and options and you definitely do not want to miss on something you might actually enjoy!
- Spend some quality time with your friends and family as you might run short of time once the school starts!
Thats enough of ‘gyaan’ (hindi slang for preaching ) as of now. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you all here.