Our Hotel Rooms & Services
Our hotel rooms are furnished for comfort, study, and relaxation. Each of our 111 private hotel rooms and two elegantly appointed suites feature contemporary styling and a full complement of executive amenities.
- Queen-sized bed with premium bedding (one bed to each room)
- 16 double bedded rooms located on the first floor
- 21 queen-sized bedded rooms with sleeper sofas
- Full baths with extra-large bath towels and featuring
- Bath & Body Works® amenities
- Spacious study areas with desk and credenza
- Wireless high speed internet access in all guest rooms (complimentary)
- Wireless high speed internet access in public areas (complimentary)
- Direct-dial telephone with voice mail
- 32 inch LCD TV
- 24-hour access to guest lounges with fully-stocked self-serve kitchenette
In addition, the following guest services are available to ensure that you have a pleasant and productive stay at the R. David Thomas Center.
- U.S. Mail and postage services
- Fax services
- ATM nearby
- Check cashing 7:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (up to $100/day)
- Business supplies
- Safe deposit boxes
- Computer troubleshooting
- Shuttle service available upon request
Golf / Fitness / Recreation
Guests of the R. David Thomas Center have access to the Duke University Golf Club—a Robert Trent Jones Sr. course, located just across the street from our facilities. The Duke University Golf Club offers advance tee time reservations to Thomas Center guests. A Thomas Center planner can secure group tee times (reservations recommended one to two weeks in advance). For individual pricing or tee time reservations, call +1 919 681 2288.
The Thomas Center’s fitness facilities offer a variety of state-of-the-art workout equipment, as well as dry sauna, private showers, and lockers. Enjoy on-site outdoor volleyball, half-court basketball, outdoor badminton, and croquet. Duke Athletics, the Wilson Card Gym, and the Duke Aquatic Center are also available to our guests. (Available on a first come first serve basis. Please check with the Thomas Center helpdesk for availability.)
Local Attractions & Activities
Make sure to enjoy the surrounding areas during your stay.
- Tours of Durham, Duke, Raleigh, Hillsborough
- Wine Tasting (in-house or visit a vineyard)
- Gourmet Food Tours
- Sports Facilities, such as the Durham Bulls
- You can find almost any cuisine within a few miles of our hotel, from steak to seafood, from ethnic dining to good old fashioned North Carolina pit barbecue. Our friendly guest service agents will be happy to recommend one of their favorites.
- Things to do while in Durham