It’s been a while since I checked in, but with finals, GATE (Global Academic Travel Experience), moving to Davidson, and starting work, things have been busy. Now, I’m a few weeks into my internship at Lowe’s, and I’ll provide another post with some of those details, but in the meantime … here are some things that I’m looking forward to, and a few things that I wish I’d known:
5 things to do during my second year:
- Walk/run the Washington Duke trail.
- Take trips to Asheville, the Outer Banks, Charleston, and Savannah. I probably won’t make it to all 4 places, but 2 will suffice.
- Study abroad. Right now, I’m thinking about South Africa, Australia, or Singapore.
- Spend more time at the Duke Gardens.
- Have afternoon tea at the Washington Duke Inn.
5 things I’m excited about for next year:
- I am going to Las Vegas for a wedding in September.
- More Duke basketball games!
- Traveling to more countries.
- Trying more Durham restaurants including Vin Rogue, Scratch, and Rue Cler.
- Catching up with my classmates after 3 months of working!
5 things I wish I’d known before last year:
- Fall I, Fall II, and Spring I terms are EXTREMELY busy.
- Enjoy GIE (summer) and Spring II when they come along!
- When picking out apartments at Station Nine, look at the floor plan and really try to understand the pros and cons of each apartment.
- During the school year, schedule time on the calendar to go to the gym—it’s the only way it’ll happen regularly.
- You will continuously meet new people throughout the year, whether it be through classes, teams, clubs, or social activities.