Class of 2016

• Connie Chai

Connie Chai

Daytime MBA, Class of 2016

I'm excited to return to Durham after completing my undergraduate studies at Duke. I look forward to combining classroom learning and experiential learning as I explore different career options in the healthcare industry. In the meantime I'll be involved with Admissions activities and cheering on the basketball team in Cameron!

Learn more about Connie | View all of Connie's Posts

• Ehssan

Ehssan Torabi

Daytime MBA, Class of 2016

The Middle East is where I was born and raised and where I started my career across multiple functions in the industrial supplies market. When I'm not balancing my school commitments I enjoying exploring the natural beauty around Durham with my spouse and daughter.

Learn more about Ehssan | View all of Ehssan's Posts

• Emily Madden

Emily Madden

Daytime MBA, Class of 2016

I'm born and raised on the East Coast and have a background in marketing that will remain my focus after graduation. Being involved with the visual arts, eating at my favorite restaurants and going for runs on the campus trail near Fuqua are a few of the things I enjoy outside of the classroom.

Learn more about Emily | View all of Emily's Posts

• Emily S.

Emily Silman

Daytime MBA, Class of 2016

I grew up and attended undergrad in the northeastern U.S. and worked in New York for a few years before realizing I wanted a career that would make more of an impact. So I joined the Peace Corps—working in Madagascar—and plan to leverage Fuqua to pursue a career in corporate sustainability.

• Joia

Joia Lanier

Daytime MBA, Class of Class of 2016

North Carolina has been my proud home since I was born, and is where I plan to gain a more comprehensive perspective of business through my business school studies at Duke. I’m currently on the BLMBAO (Black and Latino MBA Organization) cabinet and an active member of the Consulting Club.

Learn more about Joia | View all of Joia's Posts

• Maria del Pilar Perez

Maria del Pilar Perez

Daytime MBA, Class of 2016

Lima, Peru, is my home and where I studied communications in pursuit of a journalism career before turning my focus to marketing. Through my MBA I plan to build my marketing and general management skills to understand every side of a business. I like to swim and watch TV, but plan to keep busy at Fuqua so I might have to catch up on my favorite shows later.

Learn more about Maria | View all of Maria's Posts

• Matt

Matt Hendren

Daytime MBA, Class of 2016

I'm born and raised in the great state of North Carolina and graduated from UNC. Since then I've worked in education, politics and for non-profits in the U.S. and Africa.

Learn more about Matt | View all of Matt's Posts

• Vik

Vik Singh

Daytime MBA, Class of 2016

I'm born and raised in Delhi, have an engineering background with a passion for solving problems. Relationships are vital assets to a fruitful life, and I look forward to building new ones at Fuqua and sharing that insight with blog readers.

Learn more about Vik | View all of Vik's Posts

Class of 2015

• bering

Bering Tsang

Daytime MBA, Class of 2015

I’m originally from Sonoma County, California, and returned to Duke for an MBA after completing my undergraduate degree here. I spent the years in between as an officer in the United States Marine Corps, and not surprisingly one of my favorite movies is “Top Gun.”

Learn more about Bering | View all of Bering's Posts

• dorothy-head

Dorothy Tong

Daytime MBA, Class of 2015

I was born in Southern California and lived there through my undergraduate years. My passion for desserts turned into a business and resulted in being crowned a cupcake champion on Food Network!

Learn more about Dorothy | View all of Dorothy's Posts

• heather

Heather Langerman

Daytime MBA, Class of 2015

I came to Fuqua with a background in non-profit and government work. While here, I’m pursuing the Health Sector Management (HSM) certificate as well as fellow bikers and runners on the local trails

Learn more about Heather | View all of Heather's Posts

• james-head

James Megivern

Daytime MBA, Class of 2015

I lived in the Midwestern United States until a desire to make a social impact led me to West Africa as a member of the Peace Corps. My wife and I have a lot of conversations about school since she’s also in the Class of 2015!

Learn more about James | View all of James's Posts

• joaquin

Joaquin Brahm

Daytime MBA, Class of 2015

I am from Chile where I worked in investment banking before coming to Duke to prepare myself for future challenges as a senior manager. I’m pursuing a joint degree so in addition to my MBA I will have a Masters in Public Policy upon graduation. When possible I try to escape my busy schedule to go fly fishing.

Learn more about Joaquin | View all of Joaquin's Posts

• mjumo-headshot

Mjumo Mzyece

Daytime MBA, Class of 2015

After growing up in Zambia, I studied in England and Scotland then worked in South Africa before arriving at Fuqua. I’m sharing those experiences as a cabinet member of the Business in Africa Club while maintaining the conviction that business can make a huge, positive impact on the world.

Learn more about Mjumo | View all of Mjumo's Posts

• radiris-head

Radiris Diaz

Daytime MBA, Class of 2015

A Dominican-American born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, I came to Fuqua with a background in technology and consulting. My campus activities include being a cabinet member of the Black and Latino MBA organization and trying to save the world by spreading happiness.

Learn more about Radiris | View all of Radiris's Posts

• raj-headshot

Raj Rajendran

Daytime MBA, Class of 2015

I grew up in Chennai, India, and have experience as a production engineer working with various industries before Fuqua. Now I’m focusing on leadership development, which got off to a great start when I led a group of classmates to success in getting basketball season tickets during Campout!

Learn more about Raj | View all of Raj's Posts

• trevor-head

Trevor McKinnon

Daytime MBA, Class of 2015

Born in the US, I spent most of my childhood living in London before returning stateside to attend Brigham Young University. As a marketing consultant I helped clients execute campaigns that fit their brand and found that Fuqua is a great fit for me, my wife and our young daughter.

Learn more about Trevor | View all of Trevor's Posts