Current MMS: FOB Student Bloggers

Current MMS: DKU Student Bloggers

• Austin

Austin Taylor

MMS: DKU, Class of 2015

I'm from out West and attended undergrad at BYU, but I've always been a big Duke fan. International business has been an interest of mine and that is one of the reasons why I joined MMS: DKU. My wife and I are expecting our first child during the program, so stay tuned as I share my experiences in Durham and later in China!

Learn more about Austin | View all of Austin's Posts

• Lucia

Lucia Garcia

MMS: DKU, Class of 2015

I'm from Latin America and have lived in the U.S. since I began my undergraduate studies. I love to travel and learn about international cultures and business practices and the MMS: DKU program provides a great opportunity to do this while earning my degree.

Learn more about Lucia | View all of Lucia's Posts

• Yiyang

Yiyang Li

MMS: DKU, Class of 2015

I'm from Eastern China and came to the U.S. to attend college, completing my degree at UNC-CH. My reason for enrolling in MMS: DKU is to develop the business skills I need for my career, and I look forward to being a part of the inaugural class!

Learn more about Yiyang | View all of Yiyang's Posts

Graduated MMS: FOB Student Bloggers

• anu headshot

Anu Kumar

MMS: FOB, Class of 2013

I was born in Los Angeles and moved to India when I was 12 where I completed by bachelors in finance. I wanted a more practical business perspective so I returned to the States to complete the MMS degree.

Learn more about Anu | View all of Anu's Posts

• mms student

Ashima Sehgal

MMS: FOB, Class of 2014

I was born in New Delhi and had lived there all my life up to the point when I came to Fuqua to invest in my passion for social entrepreneurship. I love meeting people from different cultures and backgrounds, and this was one of the key reasons I decided to come to the US for my masters’ program.

Learn more about Ashima | View all of Ashima's Posts

• ben headshot

Ben Checketts

MMS: FOB, Class of 2013

I grew up in Connecticut and went to college at Brigham Young University, graduating with an English degree. An internship with ESPN helped me realize a passion for the world of sports, business and marketing.

Learn more about Ben | View all of Ben's Posts

• mms student

Brandon Benzin

MMS: FOB, Class of 2014

Born and raised in Ohio, and an Ohio State alumnus I am excited to finally venture outside of my home state to attend the MMS program. While in Durham I plan to explore all the city has to offer including the activities that a music and exercise-lover like myself can enjoy.

Learn more about Brandon | View all of Brandon's Posts

• candace

Candace Buford

MMS: FOB, Class of 2013

Duke for undergrad, Penn State for law school and now back to Duke for my final degree--MMS. I'm fueled by inspiration and curiosity which helps me think outside the box.

Learn more about Candace | View all of Candace's Posts

• Caroline Stone

Caroline Stone

MMS: FOB, Class of 2012

I'm from San Francisco and have a bachelor’s in sociology and a minor in international relations. I came to Duke to pursue the MMS program to open new career doors in the fields of social entrepreneurship, corporate responsibility, and the public sector.

Learn more about Caroline | View all of Caroline's Posts

• chike headshot

Chike Ohayia

MMS: FOB, Class of 2013

My father is from Nigeria, my mother is from New York and I grew up in New Jersey. Before coming to Fuqua I graduated from Columbia University, majoring in political science and sustainable development.

Learn more about Chike | View all of Chike's Posts

• courtney headshot

Courtney Starzer

MMS: FOB, Class of 2013

I attended Cornell after being raised in upstate New York. I have a passion for marketing which led me to pursue a degree in communication and related roles within the MMS class.

Learn more about Courtney | View all of Courtney's Posts

• mms student

Danya Akbar

MMS: FOB, Class of 2014

I’m a California native, but also a second generation Pakistani-American raised with a global perspective at a very young age. I'm pursuing my master's to prepare me for work in the social entrepreneurship sector where I hope to make the world a better place.

Learn more about Danya | View all of Danya's Posts

• mms student

Frank Li

MMS: FOB, Class of 2014

I’m a photographer, a writer, an optimist, and a huge fan of life. I’ve traveled around the world, loved talking to different people from different cultures and appreciate that even the littlest things in life can make significant impacts

Learn more about Frank | View all of Frank's Posts

• Grace Kim

Grace Kim

MMS: FOB, Class of 2012

I graduated from Ewha Womans University in Korea in 2011, with a degree in international studies. Ever since my sophomore year, I wanted .to pursue marketing or advertising. Outside of marketing, I’m obsessed with Arrested Development, McDonald’s, electronic music, Mute Math, iced chocolate, and NOT going to the gym.

Learn more about Grace | View all of Grace's Posts

• james chen headshot

James Chen 陈思行

MMS: FOB, Class of 2013

I'm from China, but attended college in California before making the cross-country drive to start the MMS program in Durham. I have a great passion for food and technology.

Learn more about James | View all of James's Posts

• mms student

Jessica Golson

MMS: FOB, Class of 2014

I was born and raised in Philadelphia and also attended college there at Temple. After graduating I briefly worked in education before coming joining the MMS program as a way to help facilitate a career changed into marketing.

Learn more about Jessica | View all of Jessica's Posts

• Juliana Taylor

Juliana Taylor

MMS: FOB, Class of 2012

Prior to coming to Fuqua, I worked for Google, in their Ghana office. My role focused on expanding the scope of the University Programs Initiative and assisting small and medium-sized businesses to leverage online tools to improve their businesses. As a result, I developed a strong interest in business strategy and business development in emerging markets.

Learn more about Juliana | View all of Juliana's Posts

• mms student

Kate Kim

MMS: FOB, Class of 2014

I have lived in Moscow most of my life and am Korean-Russian by descent. I'm really passionate about media, fashion and finance and hope the MMS program will help me combine my economic background with my personal interests for my future career.

Learn more about Kate | View all of Kate's Posts

• mms student

Kelvin Panitpichetvong

MMS: FOB, Class of 2014

I am of Chinese-Thai descent, was born and raised in Sydney and lived in Shanghai and Hong Kong more recently. I believe the MMS program will add to the professional skill set I have in finance and provide me with the extra edge to succeed in establishing a successful career.

Learn more about Kelvin | View all of Kelvin's Posts

• lily headshot

Lily Shabani

MMS: FOB, Class of 2013

I was born in London to Iranian parents, but I was raised a few miles from Duke's campus in Raleigh, NC. I came to the MMS program to strengthen my analytical skills and to expand upon my undergraduate education in fashion and textile management at North Carolina State.

Learn more about Lily | View all of Lily's Posts

• Max Baez

Max Baez

MMS: FOB, Class of 2012

I'm originally from New York City and have an undergraduate degree in with a degree in political science. After college, I held a variety of jobs in politics, fundraising, and education. I’m a massive sports fan, and am a big supporter of the Miami Dolphins, US National Soccer Team, FC Barcelona, and the University of Arizona Wildcats.

Learn more about Max | View all of Max's Posts

• Naresh Vissa

Naresh Vissa

MMS: FOB, Class of 2012

My background has been heavily focused on media, financial markets and investments. Do not be fooled by my academic and professional qualifications though: I’m a first-degree black belt in Taekwondo!

Learn more about Naresh | View all of Naresh's Posts

• mba student

Palak Bavishi

MMS: FOB, Class of 2014

I'm from San Francisco and attended college in southern California where I found my passion for digital marketing. After a great experience interning with a startup I decided to join the MMS program to learn more about the foundations of business so I can pursue my own startup one day.

Learn more about Palak | View all of Palak's Posts

• Samantha

Samantha Cibelli

MMS: FOB, Class of 2014

While I wasn't born in North Carolina, I've lived here long enough to proudly call it home. After graduating from a local woman's college I received a Fullbright grant to conduct research in Italy and then returned to North Carolina to gain more knowledge in business through the MMS program.

Learn more about Samantha | View all of Samantha's Posts

• suejin headshot

Suejin Ahn

MMS: FOB, Class of 2013

I’m a proud “double Dukie” having attended Duke for undergrad where I earned a degree in public policy and competed on the Duke Varsity Cross Country and Track Team. I’m originally from Long Island, New York, but have grown to love the South.

Learn more about Suejin | View all of Suejin's Posts

• tim patron

Tim Patron

MMS: FOB, Class of 2014

I grew up just minutes from Duke's campus and came to Fuqua to gain applied business knowledge that will supplement my marketing and communications background. I'm a UNC-Chapel Hill grad, but I'll try to keep my Tar Heel love to a minimum.

Learn more about Tim | View all of Tim's Posts

• wenjia headshot

Wenjia Wu 吴文嘉

MMS: FOB, Class of 2013

Having grown up in China, I wanted to be exposed to other cultures as part of my graduate experience. I love communicating and sharing ideas through writing, so I became an MMS blogger.

Learn more about Wenjia | View all of Wenjia's Posts

• William Chase

William Chase

MMS: FOB, Class of 2012

I completed my undergraduate coursework at N.C. State University where I majored in English language and literature, and minored in Spanish. Outside of school I enjoy cooking, writing, playing sports, and occasionally working on cars.

Learn more about William | View all of William's Posts