Duke Daytime MBA Student Blog
25 Things About Me
- My favorite foods are French fries and ice cream (see #4).
- I have no first cousins; both of my parents are only children.
- I am not a big beer drinker, but I have been to the Heineken, Guinness, and Sam Adams breweries. I have also been to the Jameson factory and the Moet & Chandon cellars.
- I have been to the Ben & Jerry’s factory 3 times. My favorite flavor is Coffee Heath Bar Crunch.
- I love to travel and have visited Argentina, South Africa, China, Taiwan, Israel, and many countries in Europe! I also went to Peru for New Year’s with two other Fuquans and will be spending spring break in Belize! There are still many, many places on my list (Australia, Singapore, etc).
- I studied abroad in Madrid, Spain, during my junior year of college.
- Because of my accounting background, every time I look at a 10-K, the first thing I look at is who audits the company.
- I grew up in Montclair, NJ, which is the current home of Stephen Colbert, Bobbi Brown, and Yogi Berra. NJ gets a bad rep, but I absolutely love it.
- I don’t know how to cook anything besides eggs and pasta. I attribute that to my 5 years of living in NYC. On the other hand, I really enjoy going out to dinner.
- I don’t use my dishwasher, and instead wash all of my dishes by hand.
- The Gap, J. Crew and Banana Republic are my favorite places to shop.
- I am mildly obsessed with Starbucks.
- I spend way too much time reading celebrity gossip.
- I cancelled cable last year for the first time ever. This year I have cable, but only because the package deal was a better value than having standalone internet.
- I want my next car to be an SUV.
- I have become a Duke basketball fan and have season tickets this year.
- I started running frequently this past June and can now finish the Washington Duke trail! I want to sign up for my first 10K race in the spring (not to confuse with #8’s other 10-K).
- I video chat with a couple of my college friends every Sunday night.
- I really enjoy getting T-shirts from Fuqua, and I probably have about 20 more than I started with at the beginning of last year. When I graduate, I am going to take a picture of all of my Duke and Fuqua themed T-shirts.
- I am not a big music fan – I listen to music when I run and when I drive, but I am really bad at identifying songs and artists.
- I fall asleep about 1 in 5 times at the movie theaters.
- I do not like to get lost, and make a point to become really good at directions and aware of where I am at all times.
- My favorite TV show is How I Met Your Mother, though I want to find out who the mother is already.
- Whenever I come to NYC, I always have to stop at Pinkberry and get a manicure and pedicure.
- I am a morning person.
See more examples from and insight on Fuqua’s 25 Random Things essay