Duke MQM Student Blog
How to Engage as a Prospective MQM Student
In admissions, we often say that Fuqua’s unique culture is best experienced interpersonally. We strongly believe that interacting with admissions officers, students, faculty, or alumni is the ideal way for you to determine whether our program is right for you. There are many ways to engage and learn about the Master of Quantitative Management (MQM) program. Here are some of them:
Explore Our Website
Our website is the best resource for information on the MQM program as well as the admissions process. Learn about the program format and tracks, assess the academic experience, or just read through the Frequently Asked Questions. Explore what Fuqua has to offer you as a prospective MQM student.
Browse Our Student Blog Posts
Fuqua is a place where we work hard but also find time to play. Pursuing experiences inside and outside the classroom will strengthen your connection to the larger Fuqua network and help you bond with your fellow MQM classmates. Writers for our student blogs share their favorite experiences, along with tips and tricks for getting the most of your time at Fuqua. I encourage you to read through a few blog posts from our current MMS students.
Two of my favorite posts:
- The Foundation of Team Fuqua by Bradley Paternostro (MMS ’16)
- Value of Diversity Attracted Me to Fuqua by Ryan Thompson (MMS ’17)
Connect with an Admissions Officer
The admissions team wants to be a resource for you throughout your application process. If you have questions, we hope you’ll let us know!
Three ways to connect with us:
- Subscribe to our email list
- Send us an email at email@example.com
- Call the admissions office at +1.919.660.7705
Attend a Virtual Session or Visit Campus
You’re invited to participate in one of our virtual information sessions or in-person campus visits:
- Virtual sessions: There are three types of sessions offered throughout the admissions cycle: general program overview, student panel (with MMS students), and admissions tips/info. All of these sessions are hosted by an admissions officer who is available to answer your questions.
- Campus visits: Experience Fuqua in person during one of our campus visit opportunities. Over the course of a day, guests meet with a member of the admissions committee, interview (if spots are available), tour the school, have lunch with an MMS student, and meet the MQM Executive Director Jeremy Petranka (if he is available).
All attendees of virtual sessions and campus visits are eligible to receive an application fee waiver. To register for an upcoming MQM event, please visit our Events page.