Grady in the foreground, taking a selfie with the admissions team in the background; connect with admissions How to Connect with Admissions September 16, 2019 - - As a prospective student, it is important to connect with admissions and to be in touch with our department throughout your whole application process
five hands with henna art together forming a circle, symbolizing family at Fuqua Finding Another Home and Family at Fuqua July 17, 2019 - - I was born in Lahore, Pakistan, and my favorite part of traveling home is my mother’s food. A distinct smell of spices and vegetables emanates from her kitchen
the guest speaker taking a selfie with the forensics class seated in the background What Differentiates the Forensics Track? June 10, 2019 - - As a student who just graduated from the Forensics track, I want to share a few insights to help you understand more about it
Rohma with a cup of coffee inside Triangle Coffee House, one of her favorite study spots My Favorite Study Spots May 23, 2019 - - While a lot of studying can be done in the convenient Fuqua team rooms and library, I believe that it is important to venture beyond our walls and take advantage of the beautiful spots in Durham and the great things the larger Duke campus has to offer
two students posing for a photo with a professional at the networking event Networking for Your Future Career April 30, 2019 - - When you become a student at Fuqua, you’ll find an immediate connection to 22,000 enthusiastic and engaged Fuqua alumni, the majority of whom are willing to give their time and expertise to help you.
a half dozen smiling students gather around in a classroom; growing the program We’re Growing the MQM Program March 5, 2019 - - There was a lot of excitement in 2016 when we announced the start of the Master of Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (MQM: BA) program. Since the launch, we have welcomed two classes and watched graduates take on exciting careers around the world.
9 students pose for a photo after their soccer game, part of intramural sports at Duke The Value of Playing Intramural Sports at Duke February 13, 2019 - - Do you love sports? Are looking to have fun? Intramural sports is something you can get involved in right away as a student at Duke. The university’s athletics program is world-class, but you...
six students smiling, extracurricular activities What Are MQM Extracurricular Activities Like? January 31, 2019 - - Students in the MQM: BA program are not only academically driven, but also bring a wealth of extracurricular experience and talent to the program. At Fuqua, almost all of the extracurricular activities and...
Bella standing beside an IBM sign at her office, one of cohort's employment outcomes Employment Outcomes of the Inaugural Class January 11, 2019 - - With the final employment data in for the inaugural class of the Master of Quantitative Management: Business Analytics program, their career outcomes reveal how successful this cohort has been. These 2018 graduates put...
How My Forensics Track Experience Helps Me in My Job December 14, 2018 - - As I was applying to Fuqua’s MQM program and doing my initial research, I didn’t have a great idea of what forensics was. However, of the four functional tracks offered in the program,...
MQM:BA class photo How I Use My Finance Track Experience in My Job December 3, 2018 - - When I was considering graduate school, I was looking at both finance and data analytics programs. When I found Fuqua’s MQM program and realized I could get a great data analytics education while...
Scenes at The Duke University Fuqua School of Business in Durham, NC Friday, November 17, 2017. (Justin Cook for The New York Times) How the Marketing Track Prepared Me for My Career December 3, 2018 - - During my time as a Fuqua student in the MQM: BA Marketing track, much of my coursework focused on the customer—such as my favorite class, Customer Relationship Management. In this class, we took...
A group of MQM:BA students taking a group picture How the MQM Strategy Track Helps Me In My Job At Amazon December 3, 2018 - - I have always been interested in operations—so much so that I majored in transportation and logistics management in undergrad. When I enrolled in Fuqua’s MQM: Business Analytics program, my goal was to combine...
the entire MQM: BA class poses for a photo on day one of orientation, 25 random things Our 25 Random Things November 29, 2018 - - As a prospective MQM student, the “25 Random Things About Yourself” application essay can look a bit intimidating at first. However, if you follow these tips from Admissions and approach it with the...
dozens of students pose with the flags of India and Pakistan, one of the events that made the author feel welcomed by Fuqua Feeling Welcomed by Fuqua and Its Community October 29, 2018 - - Since emigrating from Pakistan to the U.S. two years ago, I’ve met hundreds of new people and made great new friends. However, before Fuqua, I always craved having a community that I could...
smiling international students filing into an auditorium on the first day of the program How Fuqua Welcomes and Supports Our International Students October 15, 2018 - - At Fuqua, we wholeheartedly believe our community grows stronger as our diversity increases. Thus, we intentionally seek to build a diverse student population—one that’s truly representative across experiences, backgrounds, cultures, beliefs, nationalities, citizenships,...
Bella, holding a signed Coach K basketball, with her classmate at a program event, but still not her favorite MQM experience My Favorite MQM Experience September 4, 2018 - - What’s my favorite MQM experience? That’s a tough question! Looking back, I have so many amazing moments to reflect on. It’s difficult to pick just one. However, my experience at Fuqua was truly unforgettable....
MQM FAQs: dozens of MQM students posing for a group photo and holding up New Year's greetings in Chinese Your MQM FAQs Answered August 28, 2018 - - Prospective students ask a lot of good questions about what our program is like. So to help share some insight on the student experience, here are some MQM FAQs: How much time do...
Bella shaking hands with Dean Bill Boulding at graduation, the end of a journey that included a successful job search Don’t Let the Job Search Scare You July 19, 2018 - - Three frightening words—the job search. Those words made me so anxious throughout my time as a Master of Quantitative Management student. I knew that I had to ‘own’ my career search. After all,...
Two dozen students pose behind Indian and Pakistani flags, symbolic of student diversity at Fuqua Student Diversity on Display at Multicultural Events June 12, 2018 - - India/Pakistan Independence Day Because Fuqua does so much to encourage diversity, my friend Karan and I felt inspired to put on this event. About a month into our MQM program, we began to...
The hackathon experience...Kelsey and Collin holding up the number 3 on their hands after the Duke Men's Basketball Hackathon Frustration to Euphoria: The Hackathon Experience June 11, 2018 - - Even though I’ve been playing sports since I was five, I didn’t truly understand the importance of teamwork until I attempted to compete in a hackathon solo. There’s nothing more demoralizing than staring...
David and classmates pose for a photo during their zip line activity, one of the ways they relieved business school stress Fun Events Help Relieve Business School Stress May 24, 2018 - - When I start any adventure, the memories about my first impressions and thoughts are often a bit blurry because I usually get overexcited and try to pay attention to everything around me, with...
five teammates pose in a classroom, The Importance of Teams in the MQM Program The Importance of Teams in the MQM Program April 24, 2018 - - On January 17th, the day had come at last—Team Changeover. I was sad to leave my original learning team members, with whom I’d been working for the previous five months. But at the...
six students seated around a table, collaborating on work embodies the answer to "What is Team Fuqua?" What is Team Fuqua? April 9, 2018 - - Team Fuqua. It’s a term you constantly hear in our community. Ask for a definition and a hundred people will tell you a hundred stories to illustrate what it means to them. Synthesizing...
students pose for a group photo with a Bank of America SVP during a session that's part of the career search The Career Search: It’s Called a “Job Hunt” for a Reason April 6, 2018 - - As associate director for MQM: BA in Fuqua’s Career Management Center (CMC), I understand the job market is a competitive place. It’s also an expansive realm with opportunities that fit each individual student’s...
Standing beneath a Duke balloon sign at Fuqua, Marketing Club My Experience as Marketing Club President February 23, 2018 - - Upon starting my journey in Fuqua’s MQM program, I was certain that I wanted to be heavily involved in the school community. I was starting the program fresh out of undergrad, and I...
students displaying their freshly carved Halloween pumpkins, Fuqua is transforming me into a better person How Fuqua is Transforming Me Into a Better Person February 22, 2018 - - One week into the program, I asked myself whether I made the right choice by coming to Fuqua and joining the new MQM program. A couple of months earlier, I had rejected four...
Xin presenting to the judges the case competition Breaking Down the Data: A Case Competition February 20, 2018 - - Over the month-long winter break, MQM students took the opportunity to practice their data analytics skills during the Winter Data Competition. This optional experiential learning event allowed participants to dig deep into data, discover...
2 students working in front of their laptop, a common scene from student life Adjusting from Work Life to Student Life February 19, 2018 - - When I made the decision to go to grad school, I remember thinking to myself that I was going to have a lot more free time. Being in the workforce for three years prior...
group photo of students on the basketball court, one of the extracurricular activities Bonding Through Extracurricular Activities February 19, 2018 - - Never would I have thought this brief, one-year encounter with Fuqua would be so personal and profound. Beginning early in the MQM program, a series of team building events made one thing clear—we would...
an eggs Benedict plate from Brigs in the Park, a great spot for brunch in Durham 3 Great Spots for Brunch in Durham December 14, 2017 - - The coursework at Fuqua is rigorous, and as a student you’ll often be worn down from the many assignments and teamwork during the week. So you might find yourself wanting to sleep late on...
Tips on Writing Your ’25 Things’ Essay December 13, 2017 - - If you’ve taken a look at an application for any of the programs we offer at Duke’s Fuqua School of Business, then a unique essay prompt has likely caught your eye—”25 Random Things...
Me with two of my fellow classmates and on day 1 of the program, data professional The MQM Experience: Transformation to a Data Professional December 8, 2017 - - Diverse and Strong Peers The Masters of Quantitative Management: Business Analytics program provides a diverse environment. Every day, in class or just in casual chats, I learn new things from people with different...
An admissions interview room 8 Tips to Ace Your Admissions Interview December 1, 2017 - - You worked hard to present your best self to the admissions committee through your application. You spent hours studying for exams, drafting meaningful essays, refining your resume, and working with professors and managers...
Dean Petranka at orientation talking about progressive transformation during the program My Progressive Transformation During the Program November 26, 2017 - - Our MQM orientation in July was all about the idea of “progressive transformation,” delivered by Assistant Dean Jeremy Petranka. I remember thinking to myself, is this actually going to happen? Is this more of...
4 students working on an assignment in class, prospective MQM students can be put in touch with students to answer their questions How to Engage as a Prospective MQM Student November 21, 2017 - - In admissions, we often say that Fuqua’s unique culture is best experienced interpersonally. We strongly believe that interacting with admissions officers, students, faculty, or alumni is the ideal way for you to determine...
Holding up my #FuquaBound banner I received in the admit pack, just prior to being enrolled in MQM Why I Enrolled in MQM November 20, 2017 - - Why did I decide to enroll at Duke University? My answer is simple. The Fuqua School of Business is one of the best business schools in the world, and I truly believed that...