Born and raised in Minnesota, I’ve spent my whole life in the Midwest. I attended college in Chicago and moved back to Minneapolis after school to work in finance at Target’s corporate headquarters. I loved my time at Target and was most recently the finance manager for women’s apparel where I was part of a team that launched all new private label brands.
As a former collegiate soccer player, I am loving everything about the Team Fuqua spirit (not to mention the much warmer weather in the South!). Outside of the classroom, I am on the Finance Club cabinet, MBA Games cabinet (fundraiser for the Special Olympics of North Carolina), and part of the MBA Soccer Club, Fuqua Sports Business Cohort, and Net Impact Club. I am also helping launch a business through Program for Entrepreneurs, on a Fuqua Client Consulting Practicum team, and will be heading to South Africa this spring for a Global Academic Travel Experience (GATE).
A Few Fun Facts
- In October, our MBA Soccer Club team went up to Yale University to play in a tournament against other MBA programs. I was the only girl out of 16 on the team! My teammates all looked out for me like they were my big brothers.
- My family is Lebanese. I can cook a mean homemade hummus, falafel, and baklava. However, none of it comes close to my grandmother’s cooking. I’m certain Granny Mae will go down in history as the best cook ever.
- For the last five years I’ve done a weekly mentoring program for high school students at church. I’ve learned the importance of being quick to listen and slow to speak and I am inspired by the next generation!
- I am a die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates fan. When the Steelers lost the Super Bowl in 2009, I didn’t come out of my college dorm room for two days. Competitive much?
- I was selected out of thousands to attend a private screening of the Oprah Show during her last season after writing an essay about my aspiration to be a strong female leader in a quantitative field.